3 weeks into tsw/mw

3 weeks into tsw/mw
this is the side/underneath of my boob, my thighs and my arm x

Thursday 10 April 2014

how I decided to tackle my tsw - a bit of useful info x

Before I gave up the steroids I decided I would get my skin clear ish and try to use the sunbeds to keep it that way haha it was very nieve of me it didnt work my skin was unable to tolerate the sunbeds a week and a half after it flaired, I have decided that moisture withdrawal is the route im taking as moisturiser seems to make my skin red, hot and weepy and I itch more feverently. Its not easy as im very very dry and flaky and I get very stiff, especially the joints (knees, elbows, armpits) but this is preferable right now and apparently it can speed up the withdrawal process so fingers crossed. One thing I would recommend is dead sea salts I have a bath 3 times a week using these and they do give a bit of relief, also hydrochloride hydroxine antihistamines while they dont really help me get asleep ive noticed I do sleep deeper using these and thats a big plus x I have had to quit using make up not a big deal for me except my mascara I always wore that but my eyes are to cracked irritated and sore to even bother putting my self through the hassle. Suprisingly I handled the lack of mascara better than I thought by the end of my first shift in work I wasnt arsed in the slightest, I now have I look the way I look deal with it attitude and I put that down to the facebook group I joined - eczema and topical steroid withdrawal- red skin syndrome support group, I recommend you join its been a godsend. Also if you havent already join itsan.org they are the best place for info and also have a chat and questions forum I havent tried this myself but if your skin is weeping quite a few people have recommended zinc paste to help, im not weeping anywhere except the back of my ear so have just ordered some to try, will post when I have recieved and used It x

No comments:

Post a Comment